Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Laughs

     So I'm sittin' here thinking about the last few days (a.k.a.: Christmas Eve and then the Day.... and the following).  I've gone to who-knows-how-many Christmas Eve services because I basically have two families... which means TONS of presents, not that that's the most important thing:)... but anyway, just so you all know, Mary Did You Know has become the most popular Christmas song of the year (I think I can still hear it).  Good thing it's one of my favorites.  
     I think being 14 now is getting to my head.  I'm so excited that I have enough money to buy everybody in my immediate family a present -- a good one.  I had no trouble getting one for everybody... but Meg.  Although she is one of the most easy people to buy presents for, her family also has a tendency to buy exactly the right thing (many right things).  So when I saw How To Train Your Dragon - a movie she has been dying to buy - it was fate.  Until I thought about it.  Sure enough, come Christmas, in perfect wrapping is the movie... I think from Gram, but who knows?  So chocolates, here I come.  Since my dad loves chocolates, it was like killing a bird with one stone (not quite like that).  
     Thursday Megan and I are going to Juniper.  I've never heard of it until now and I'm so excited.  It seems like we always have a shopping expedition to tell of, but here it is again.  Shopping to us is bonding since we are basically on opposite ends of the spectrum... me, shy and a book-lover, her loud and proud.  But our love of jewelry and clothes brings us together like none else.  I've really gotten to know Megan over the last few years and she is one of the most fun to be around, entertaining, and kind-hearted people I know.  We joke around a lot about how lucky my dad is to be married to her, but really she is awesome.  So is my dad, but us girls have to stick together.  
     I'm gonna go now since I really have no point to this post except to show how much I love my family.  Ever since we established this blog together, it's become a really fun project sort of thing to do.  No deep thoughts today.  

    Merry Christmas from Callie.  

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! They are lucky to have you for a daughter!

    ReplyDelete