Monday, December 13, 2010

My #1 is a teen...

The title says it all.  I am now officially mom to a teenager.  On December 7, Callie turned 14!

There are so many things I love about Callie. She is beautiful, inside and out, as she loves to shop and dress but can kick it in jammies, as well as is shy but can have you laughing out loud in minutes with her quirkiness.
It has taken me awhile to crack that quiet demeanor, but over the last year Kirk and I have seen such personal and spiritual growth. She has such a caring heart.   I will also take the opportunity to plug her 130 page novel she has been working on--her creative talents are AMAZING. Let me know if we can forward you a copy.We are so proud of her and are excited to see where life will lead.

I remember the first time I met Callie. To backtrack for those of you who don't know, Kirk and  I met at Riley Hospital for Children.  After the first couple visits, Kirk brought both Callie and Caleb to Riley to say hello to the Fosters and casually introduce them to me.  Callie was 9, shy and a head full of curly hair.  As we colored her bubble-lettered name in with brightly colored crayons, her shyness wore off and she told me all about school and  practically anything else that popped into her head. Kirk and I went on our first date that night: to McDonalds (some things never change ;) ), with the kids and Pirates of the Caribbean happy meals, where I forced to demonstrate my most pathetic pirate impressions--ARRGGGGGGGGGGHHH. Nothing more romantic then that my friends!

This weekend we celebrated Callie's birthday over a double-layered red velvet cake with confetti-chip icing and heath sprinkles. Yes, diabetic coma, but Callie's absolute favorite.  I worked the weekend, so after arriving home at 8 managed to assemble the troops, and we popped out a birthday cake and meal, toffee, and appetizers we are saving for the elders Christmas party (Caleb had to sample then to make sure they were good options).  It seems silly, but it was actually a night for our memory book; we laughed at the chaos and complete disaster of the kitchen over  a 10PM dinner celebrating an amazing teen!  Moments like this make my heart melt---livin' life in its simplest form!





Running on His love, the Zimmermans

No comments:

Post a Comment