Friday, December 3, 2010

"..they are two of the several great loves of.my.life."

It's 4:30 AM.  Aiden is getting his four front teeth on top, therefore, he has become my night owl (waking up whenever randomly throughout the night).  It might sound crazy, but even at 4AM, I love and look forward to snuggling with my stinky, little man.  No matter what time of day, or night, he has a smile that is simply contagious. :) I am soooooo in love.

A rather frequent question I get asked when talking with people about our family's hope for adoption is, "Why would you ever adopt when you can have your own babies?" My answer is usually this--I look at the love my family has for our kids. I am constantly cuddling, kissing, and caring for them...little things that every baby or child deserves. They are two of the several great loves of my life. It literally makes me sick to my stomach at times to think of a child who doesn't have that on a daily basis. Every night, Kate, my twenty-month old, loudly slaps her prayer hands together and we pray for those kids.  We pray for the children He might have planned for our family and to prepare our hearts for what's to come.

In Kirk's sermon the other morning, he said, "loving Him means at times giving up something you love for something He loves even more." It encompasses this entire process for us.  Yes, we would have 5 or 6 children, yes, the house would most likely always be messy in one way or another, and we wouldn't go shopping or out to eat nearly as much (to say the least), but we are just fine with that. Everyone has a calling, whether it be to adopt, help someone in need, give to charities that distribute to specific causes, etc--never be afraid to follow where your being led!

Well, back to bed :)




Running on His Love. The Zimmermans

No comments:

Post a Comment