Friday, November 26, 2010

Africa?!

So Callie and I mentioned yesterday we would be venturing out to do the Black Friday shopping thing.  We did.  We got up at 4 and were out the door with a semi-plan-of-attack to tackle family Christmas shopping in one trip; after all, I had done nothing prior. 

As we stood in the Wet Seal liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine :), this woman came behind me and did the same thing--start wating.  I can't help but start talking, after all we stood by one another for at least 15mins with at least another hour to go, so just casual chit chat.  In between our three girls coming up and asking do we like this or that, does this fit, it turned out this woman and her family had just returned to the states from all places ----a four-year mission in Africa.  God is always present.  She proceeded to give me a first-hand account of life in the African nation, as well as the number of orphans there are to love.  She mentioned that any time Africans see Caucasians in their country, they assume they are wealthy.  It tugged at my heart strings, because it's not an assumption, it's a fact...our perception and the world's perception of poverty are so very different. I am so excited to embrace the Ethiopian culture, and the kids have been excited to already start learning!

One thing's for sure---God is leading us somewhere and my family can't wait to follow!

Running on His love---the Zimmermans

No comments:

Post a Comment