Friday, February 11, 2011

Back to Life, Back to Reality.

Well, we made it--our first ever family sickness. I am so thankful we have not yet had to tackle this battle, but I am pleased to announce aside from some runny noses, the Zimmerman household is illness free!! Last week, the babies battled 102-104 temps, colds, coughs, low oxygen sats, croupe, and three ear infections between them, while I also battled a shut in at work and illness all week. Gross to the max, but thanking the Lord for making it through sickness back to everyday norms.

This week Kate's vocabulary has really been beginning to take off.  From dropping her milk cup on the ground and exclaiming, "Oh My!," to asking Gram on the phone, "what are you doing?" Kate continues to find new daily joys in communicating through words.  Aiden simply adores his older sister and takes great pleasure in engaging himself in Kate's every word or jumble, even though he has not a clue what his sister is telling him. It's all good, I think Kate would drive him batty with her unwillingness to share and repeatedly telling him "mine." We're working on it. They are just too fun together, and I love being able to spend an entire day watching them in little people action.

This week, I submitted the first round of adoption paperwork.  Not going to lie, I have probably checked my e-mail thirty times a day since Monday to see if there is a response but at the same time am experiencing such peace with the decision our family has made to adopt. Kirk and I enjoyed reading one another's autobiographies.  It was really interesting to read Kirk's perception of our life, and the direction he is hoping to head with our family; it made me excited!
Of course at times, I wish I could speed up the process or control the situation, but I know it will work out the way it is supposed to. I am prayerful, hopeful, and joyful in knowing that everything will work according to His plan.  This week, I was struck by Matthew 6: 34 "Give your attention to what God is doing right now." I certainly can't wait for the newest addition(s) to come, but I certainly don't want to miss the amazing blessings right here right now. Change is inevitably headed our way, so I am soaking in these precious moments!

 Will keep you posted--please pray!

Running on His Love,
  the Zimmermans

No comments:

Post a Comment