Monday, September 19, 2011

"And all too soon, the clock will strike midnight....and she'll be gone.""

I have said time and again I am fanatical about documenting my children's milestones.  Weekly (at least), I methodically write in baby books, scrap books, our family book,  photo books, and quote books trying to make an attempt to capture and in turn treasure every moment I can with my family.
 Today, I was reading with my baby girl Kate, and she began to sing her amazingly-enough, quite on pitch, accapella version of "Jesus Loves Me." It instantly brought tears to my eyes.  Not only was it the first song she has ever recited to us before, but it shows how children even at the age of 2 can know the unconditional love our Lord has for them.  I am so thankful for so many amazing people in Kate's life who have helped to teach her this eternal lesson.
  At bedtime, Kate, Aiden, and I continue to pray for weekly or continues needs and blessings going on in our world and those around us.  We continue to pray for our adoption process and those friends and co-workers struggling to start families of their own.  There are few things more sacred in life than family, and we are so thankful to be able to have one another to pray, grow, and live life with.  It's hard at times to know what to say when these amazing women (who will become amazing mothers) are patiently waiting to start their dreams of motherhood. I just let them know our family is praying for them.  No voice too small, no prayer unheard...even in the prayers of a two and one year old.

Our blog title is names after Steven Curtis Chapman's "Cinderella." It is such a beautiful song, capturing how quickly our babies grow--treasure the moments and take the time to instill the eternal qualities in your babies.  :)

Although at times techy-challenged, I uploaded Kate's first song!  Please excuse to coaxing and video visuals....she still is 2, so the camera has to "disappear" at times!  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment